Friday, December 14, 2007

Of Movies and Christmas Party

Wow, really busy day today. Went 1U in the morning then later my teacher's Christmas party. Watched the Golden Compass today, and it was... quite nice. I'm booked for the next movie, hehe. Polar Bears rock. Then we went to eat at McDs. A guy came asking for donations to charity, and I gave him 10 ringgit (it was the only note in my wallet!!). Then later I went to the Christmas party. Only five were there, Abi, Li Ann, Leng, Joon Kenn and me. I'm so glad I came, if not I would have felt awful for disappointing her.

I came across some er....insight on Christianity at that party. My teacher and her husband are really passionate Christians. I must say, I admire them for their devotion. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to make me believe in Christianity. I'm sorry if any of this offends anyone of you. I'm just expressing myself, and I'm not insulting anyone. For me, getting me to change my athiestic belief takes more than an inspiring movie and stories on how one's life change because of God. For me, I still have questions; questions that were left unanswered, and I won't change what I believe in until I get them answered. If I want to change my religion, I really really have to know everything about it before I convert, because it is life-changing, and I don't want to be in a rush. It's like after hearing a study-motivater speak, you feel all motivated after the talk, but then a few weeks later the effects subside and you feel lazy. I don't want to make any rash decisions. Even so, I admire Christians (at least the ones that I know) for their devotion to God. Nothing could ever make them sway from their path. I'm also grateful that my teacher and her husband took the time to explain to me, and try to get me to follow the right path, showing me that she really cared. But I'm still an athiest, with my own beliefs, and it may take a long, long, long, time to convert. Again, I hope I do not offend anyone.

1 comment:

•»-(¯`v´¯)-» + GüÂrDíÃn Àñgé£ + «-(¯`v´¯)-«• said...

muahehaheha, anyway just thought i drop by and leave u a comment hehehe...but i cant find anything to comment about lol nvm i spam u lolz have fun in taiping