Monday, December 10, 2007

movies...

It's been raining again. Seems to happen a lot these days, luckily it wasn't raining during the barbeque on 7th. But I still got wet anyway (you watch out Abi, you watch out...). Boy, now I'm really looking forward to swimming in Li Ann's place. Hopefully my dad will let, but even though it's not at her place, I still want to go swimming. IT'S THE HOLIDAYS, after all. Speaking of which, I just watched a movie late last night called The Holiday. For those clueless, it's about two women who did home exchange: they switched houses, cars, everything. Starring Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz who play loveless people who just need to get away from their lives during Christmas, only to find...you guessed it...love. It's a really sweet movie. And really fits well at this time since it's the holidays. Heee...

Sweet reminds me of Enchanted. Seriously, for those of you who hasn't watched it, DO SO NOW! It's very very Disney and very very sweet. Come on, simple mathematics: Patrick Dempsey + James Marsden + a really good actress called Amy Adams who is 100% out of a fairytale book = a fairytale story that will make anyone smile. This movie also has great Disney-ish soundtracks that is already a hit on youtube. Really, watch it.

Too bad the sweet, fluffy feeling didn't really last long that day (4th) because someone (I'm not being sarcastic, I really don't know who) thought it would be a brilliant idea to watch Unrest. I spent half the time with my Mat Rempit jacket covering my face. I'm not afraid to admit it: I HATE HORROR MOVIES. I really don't mind the zombies and stuff, but NEVER NEVER NEVER have me watch a ghost horror movie. NEVER. Unrest wasn't really gory or anything, but the sound effects were freaky. They brought out that DUM...DUM...DUM...sound at every given oppurtunity they had and that was freaky. The scenes weren't really that scary though, when you actually watch it. It's just the tension, because you somehow expect some really gruesome ghost pop out of nowhere whenever those sounds come out, but there weren't any in Unrest. Just a lot of blood splurting here and there and bodies lying all over the place, and those are nothing compared to Claymore.

Well, that's it for now. My Undang's coming up soon, either Wednesday or Thursday. Gtg study. Wish me luck!!

No comments: