Sunday, December 9, 2007

First Post

FIRST POST?!?! Are you kidding me??This is awesome.
Hellos everyone, this is my first post here (well, duh) and I would to thank you all who are currently reading this. SPM was just over and I thought, what better time to start a blog? (well, that and the bugging of Hui Leng. *smiles innocently at HL*) This blog will most probably document my transition from a high school student to a college one, as well as ramblings and other random stuff that my random brain needs to pour out in here.

Well, nothing much going on now. But the last few days was really fun (check out Leng's blog if anyone's curious). I went to a wedding dinner yesterday. My dad's aunt's grandson's wedding a.k.a my dad's cousin's son's wedding a.k.a my distant cousin's wedding. Pretty distant, I know. Puh-leez...I don'teven know that guy, haven't seen him in my entire life. But that's normal in chinese wedding dinners. I don't even know 90% of the people attending. Sure, I might have recognized some from previous Chinese New Year annual visits, but apart from them and a few others I saw from my dad's someones's someone's someone's wedding dinner, the other guests are total strangers. And before you start going on about teenagers nowadays who don't care about family relations, let me tell you that my brother also faced the same problem and he's 8 years older than me. Oh come on...I probably only share less than 10% of my DNA with these people...

The one good thing though, was the food. Ok, it wasn't the best out of Jamie Oliver's kitchen, but it's free. 9 dishes altogether, and it was...just plain good. They had the usual four seasons dish, the chicken, (you-know-what) soup, fish, prawns, mushrooms and broccoli, rice and dessert. And chocolates, too. I have around 5 boxes containing two small heart shaped chocs in the fridge right now, and I didn't steal them; the other guests at my table didn't want them. But that's about it, apart from the food, the wedding wasn't really entertaining. They didn't even have performances, only some chinese karaoke every now and then.

Attendin weddings like these make me wonder whether it is really necessary or just for show. I mean, I don't know the groom and I'm chomping down his food. I'm slightly familiar with his mother, but she's not the VVIP here. It may be tradition and all, but come on, I'm not going to pay 70 ringgit per person for some guy I have never met in my life (plus his wife and kids, too). My brother and I agreed: something small, just mom and dad's nuclear family and maybe some others we're familiar with. Mom even said (I don't even think she's kidding) that she's not going to fork out the money for these dinners...we're all on our own. Well then she can say goodbye to the 9 course dinner and hello to PB and J with bread...just kidding...I hope...

Well, then, I guess that this is the end of my FIRST BLOG!!! wahahahahaha...and hopefully next time there'll be some Hui Leng bashing since she so lovingly did it to me in her blog.

Till then, TATA!!

No comments: