Friday, August 15, 2008

Fighting...to break free...

The mood I'm in right now can be summed up in two words: F***ing Pissed.

Here's the situation:
My friend Arashi and I planned to have a sleepover the night before Prom.

Purpose: So that we can prepare for prom together. You see, I'm not a very 'prom' person, and therefore is not used dressing myself up. And having no experience in this sort of matter, I thought that it would be a good idea to have a friend with me while I prepare so that at least I can get help with make-up and stuff and dress. Plus, sleepovers are great fun.

So I pitched this idea to my dad. Here's the conversation:
Me: Dad ah, can I have a sleepover at my friend's house? On Thursday?

The master of all universe: Thursday? Where? Which friend?

Me: The friend staying at Taman Melawati there...Arashi.

The My-Word-Is-Law guy: (In my-word-is-law tone) Why? no lah...

Me: Cuz...

[interrupted]
I-am-dad-and-what-I-say-goes man: NO.

Inner me: WAT??? WHY??? WTF? You haven't even listened to my reasoning and suddenly said No?!?! What's up with that?!?!


What would you have felt?

I really lost the 'prom' mood. It just got zapped off my mind by that Almighty 'NO'. the reason that I wanted to go to the prom was to have fun with my friends. And what's wrong with getting started on that fun early by having a sleepover.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been avoiding him whole time since that conversation. Not to merajuk, just didn't feel like being in close proximity with him. I'm afraid I might just suddenly lash out and hurt him physically.

Even now, after 18 years, I'm still under his control.

My sister had friends sleepover at my house when she was my age, why can't I have the same? He didn't even give me a chance to explain why. Why? Because what he says is law? And I can't change that?

I will, believe me, someday I will.

I will break free.

No comments: